Learn to play the most popular tabletop miniatures game in the world: Warhammer 40k! Over four weeks, we’ll help you pick a Combat Patrol box and walk you through the journey of building, painting, and learning how to play your army!
This Learn to Play event will take place on Sundays over four weeks, from February 26th until March 19th, 12 pm – 4 pm, and will be followed up with a 3 week Combat Patrol league so that you can put the beginnings of your new army on the table and further acclimate yourself with the rules of Warhammer 40,000.
You get a Combat Patrol box
- You must be a first time 40k player to sign up
- On the first week, you will pick your Combat Patrol box, first-come, first-served on selection, a $150 value, and you get it for free if you play all the weeks of the Learn to Play League
- The early bird price is just $15 per week.
- If you buy a Combat Patrol from Just Games between now and the Learn to Play, the price is just $5 per week, returned as store credit.
- Throughout the four weeks, you’ll leave your Combat Patrol box at the store between weeks as we build, paint, and learn the rules.
- Seats are limited, so preregistration will be required to participate
- If you already know how to play Warhammer 40K, you’ll want to join us for part two, the Combat Patrol League. That’s a great chance to show new players how to play the games. You can also recommend the Learn to Play to friends who are just starting out and are curious!
- Week One
- Pick your Combat Patrol box!
- Building and assembly workshop–AKA, start building your army!
- Week Two:
- Painting workshop! Finish building your box and start painting your Combat Patrol
- Week Three
- Now that you know how to paint, finish up painting your army and we’ll discuss some of the core gameplay mechanics of Warhammer 40k.
- Week Four
- Play a game! Now that you have your Combat Patrol box, we’ll walk you through how to play a game!
After the Learn to Play series is finished, we’ll be running a three week Combat Patrol league on Sundays so that you can take your newly built army and pit it against both new and veteran players!