Candlekeep attracts scholars like a flame attracts moths. Historians, sages, and others who crave knowledge flock to this library fortress to peruse its vast collection of books, scribbled into which are the answers to the mysteries that bedevil them. Many of these books contain their own mysteries—each one a doorway to adventure. Dare you cross that threshold?
A note from Matt: This might be my favorite adventure cycle in 5th Edition. Spurring characters of any level into longer adventure arcs, and serving as a great “drop in” for almost any realms campaign OR homebrew, this book is one that can easily bridge Adventurers League, and is a GREAT tool for a new DM that wants “bite-sized chunks” or an old hand that just wants good options. Don’t sleep on the alt cover either, which is (in my opinion) the most gorgeous one available.
Candlekeep Mysteries is a collection of seventeen short, stand-alone D&D adventures designed for characters of levels 1–16. Each adventure begins with the discovery of a book, and each book is the key to a door behind which danger and glory await. These adventures can be run as one-shot games, plugged into an existing Forgotten Realms campaign, or adapted for other campaign settings. This book also includes a poster map of the library fortress and detailed descriptions of Candlekeep and its inhabitants.
- 17 mystery-themed D&D adventures, each tied to a book discovered in the famed library fortress of Candlekeep
- Easy to run as stand-alone mini adventures or to drop into your home campaign
- Adventures span play from levels 1 to 16
- Includes a full poster map of Candlekeep, plus detailed descriptions of the various locations, characters, and creatures that reside within it
- Introduces a variety of Dungeons & Dragons monsters, items, and non-player characters (NPCs)