Are you curious about Malifaux? Or are you already a player looking for a new thrill? Well this event might be for you.
On Sunday, December 4th, Just Games will be hosting a Malifaux All Out Brawl. (Full rules found below, or in Gaining Grounds 3) This unique style event is ideal for all players, new, old, or never tried it before. Afraid to be overwhelmed with rules? Well, this mode of play simplifies the game down to just one model per player, making it ideal for people new to Malifaux, or even to tabletop gaming in general. In fact, this is a game mode where people can come and go as they see fit, so if you just want to dip your toes in, come out and play. Want to play, but can’t make it for the start? No problem. Any player can enter at the start of any game round. Models will be available for anyone wanting to play.
Start time is 12:30 pm. Entry fee is $5. Best painted model will get half the prize support. The other half will be given away randomly based on player scores.
Full Rules for Malifaux Brawl
All Out Brawl is a game mode for 4-8 players and differs from standard Malifaux in the following ways:
- Players may choose any one non-Master, non-Henchman with Cost 10 or less as their Leader. No other models are hired.
- Players may deploy their model anywhere not within 6″ of another model (in a random order).
- Leaders have an Action limit of 2 instead of 3.
- Players have a maximum hand size of 3.
- Models cannot be Buried. If a model would be Buried, it instead suffers 2 irreducible damage.
- Each player flips for Initiative. When determining Initiative, the player with the highest Initiative is first, then the second highest, and so on. When Activating, play proceeds in this same order.
- When a player would Activate a model, if they have no models in play, they may Summon their Leader within 6″ of a random table edge. Their Leader then gains Slow.
- Models cannot be Summoned from any effect other than the above effect, if a model would be Summoned, the Summon effect is ignored.
- Simultaneous effects that occur involving multiple models are always resolved in Initiative order.
- Instead of using Schemes and Strategies, players may gain VP in any of the following ways:
- After a model is killed by another model, the Crew controlling the model that killed it gains 2 VP.
- At the end of a model’s Activation, its controller gains 1 VP for each enemy model damaged during that Activation.
- During the End Phase, a Crew gains 1 VP if it has any models within 6″ of the Centerpoint.