Join us for the Magic: the Gathering Streets of New Capenna Prerelease week, April 22-28.
Please note that there are two important changes to this prerelease: First, family-themed packs are part of the pre-release kit, so you will need to select by family. Second, Box Topper packs are back! Read on for details.
IMPORTANT: New Capenna prereleases will have 1 “family themed” booster pack in each kit or event that you purchase (and 5 regular ones). For a summary of the families available, check out this useful graphic
The events for Streets of New Capenna are as follows:
Preregistration is now closed, but all events have all families available for at-the-door purchasing. The events are as follows:
- Friday, 3 pm, in-store, Sealed
- Friday 6 pm, in-store, Sealed
- Saturday Noon, in-store, Sealed
- Saturday 3 pm, Nox Cocktail Lounge Happy Hour, followed by Casual Sealed from 4-6 pm
- Sunday Noon in-store, Sealed
- Tuesday 6 pm, Sealed League Kickoff
- Wednesday 6 pm, Learn to Play Guided Sealed + Welcome Boosters for new players
For at-home events, you will choose the family you want, while supplies last, unless the 6 pack is selected. If you buy the 6 pack “At Home Experience” you will get 1 of each family prerelease kit, 12 Set Boosters, 1 Buy a Box Promo, 1 playmat, and 1 random sealed kit for your 6th prerelease kit
- At-Home Kit
- At-Home Experience (6 pack)
To get to the above options, follow this link. Once there, click on the family whose pack you want included in your pre-release, then select the time slot you’d like to play that family in.
The Sealed League
is easier than ever to participate in! All you need to do is buy 2 prerelease At Home kits – that’s it! You’ll get both kits, build your first deck with one, and then refresh your deck later on. Each week you will still refresh your deck with a Draft pack of your choice, and you’ll get 3 additional Set boosters at the end of the league. So, the schedule for the league would be:
- Week one you’ll open a kit and create a deck.
- Week two you’ll add in a draft booster and update your deck.
- Week three you’ll open an entirely new prerelease kit, and make an entirely different deck.
- Week four you’ll add another draft booster in and update your deck.
- Week five you’ll merge your decks together to make the bestest possible 40 card deck from your pool. You’ll also add in another draft booster on top of merging your decks.
- Week 6 you’ll open another draft booster and update your deck.
- If you play at least 5 weeks, you get 3 additional set boosters, for a total of 17 packs across the whole league!
An amazing $100+ value in boosters, with flexibility to play in person or at home!
Learn to Play
is a small event, specially for new (or newer) players who want hands on instruction. Our Community Manager and certified Magic Judge, Lauren, will be on hand to answer all your questions, teach the game, and give you some pointers on building sealed decks.
Casual at Nox Cocktail Lounge
Are not paired, but allow you to play in small friend groups or at one table. For New Capenna, our only Casual event will be held at Nox Cocktail Lounge on Saturday. All other rounds will have traditional pairings. Please note that players do not need to arrive at Nox until 4 pm to play; the first hour from 3 – 4 pm is a “Happy Hour” and allows folks to finish their in-store games at noon with plenty of time to arrive at Nox.
IMPORTANT: New Capenna will include box toppers in each Set, Draft, and Collector Booster box you purchase, in addition to a unique Buy-A-Box Promo card. Details of these Promos will be posted here and to our Discord spoilers section as they become available.
You can preorder booster boxes of all kinds on our website for prerelease for 3 pm on April 22. Bundles and commander decks, as well as individual packs will be available at the April 29 regular release.