Join Just Games on July 23 for our first competitive level Magic event in 2 years! We’ll be hosting a Pioneer RCQ, from noon to 9 pm. This event has some limitations on seating, so preregistration is encouraged.
This event is sold out. Due to cancelations, there MAY be seats open online overnight, but do not arrive expecting seats at the door.
Instructions for decklists were emailed out to the email associated with your in-store membership the week prior to this event – check there as well for a primer, a decklist, and for answers to your burning questions. If you can’t find answers there, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a Pioneer format Swiss tournament with a top 8 cut. A decklist is required.
- Registration closes when sold out, or at 11 am.
- Players should be checked in to the event and in the building by 11:30 am to allow ample time for us to correct any registration errors prior to the player meeting and round 1.
- Player meeting will be at approximately 11:45 am
- Decklists are due before the start of round 1.
- Round 1 begins at 12 pm.
- Rounds will be 50 minutes in length.
- There will be a lunch break after Round 3.
The winner gets an invite to the Regional Championship! Please review current COVID policies prior to attendance, as these may change as the circumstances and local regulations dictate.
This is a Competitive REL tournament. A paper decklist is required.
Judges will provide detailed instructions on tournament procedures before Round 1, and collect decklists at that time.
- 1st: The Regional Championship invite, plus $250 store credit and a Commander Collection Green Premium
- 2nd: 30 set boosters plus and a Commander Collection Green Premium
- 3rd & 4th: 15 set boosters
- 5th – 8th: 7 set boosters
Players will also get promo cards, while supplies last, according to the following list:
Path to the Pros – the RCQ
With William “Huey” Jensen recently put at the helm of Play Programs at WotC, there was a bit of hope that he’d be able to bring the player perspective to bare and deliver some welcomed changes. Well, Spoiler Alert, this announcement is FANTASTIC! Let’s take a look at it.
The long and short of everything here is that the Pro Tour is back! No longer are we calling it “Players Tours”, and gone is convoluted ways to qualify for these events. Here’s the graphic for the path to the Pro Tour for paper play.
Wizards of the Coast
It starts with the Regional Championship Qualifiers (RCQs). Across the world, various outlets have partnered with Wizards to be the official holders of RCQ’s.